Dermatology at Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group
Board-Certified Dermatologists, Personalized Skin Care
The Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group Dermatology team delivers comprehensive, personalized care for your body’s largest organ — your skin.
Skin issues can range from a minor annoyance to a serious health concern. Our board-certified physicians offer general medical dermatology, cosmetic dermatology and surgical dermatology to help you keep your skin healthy and looking its best.
Whatever your skin care concern, we will work with you to select a dermatologic care approach tailored to your specific needs.
Our medical dermatology specialists treat a variety of skin conditions for adult and pediatric patients, including:
- Fungal and other infections
- Hair loss
- Mole checks
- Pediatric dermatology
- Skin cancer
- Skin infections
Advanced surgical treatment options we offer:
- Dermatologic surgery
- Removal of benign and cancerous growths
- Mohs surgery for skin cancer
- Laser treatment for vitiligo and psoriasis
- Photodynamic therapy
Among the cosmetic treatments and procedures we offer*:
- Customized therapeutic skin care regimens
- Aesthetic services such as HydraFacial® (Geneva location only), facials and chemical peels
- Laser treatments for pigmentation, redness and rejuvenation
- Laser resurfacing for pigmentation, aging and scars
- Scar revision
- Botox®, Xeomin® and Dysport® treatments for wrinkles
- Dermal filler injection treatments
- Hair removal
- Photo light therapy
- Photodynamic therapy
- CoolSculpting® noninvasive body contouring for fat reduction (Geneva location only)
*Cosmetic services vary by location. Please call for more information.
Northwestern Medicine Dermatology Geneva
Holiday Specials at Northwestern Medicine Dermatology Geneva
Located in the Historic District of Geneva, Northwestern Medicine Dermatology Geneva offers cosmetic dermatology services, closer to home. Board-certified, expert dermatologists and medical estheticians will oversee your cosmetic dermatology care at this spa-like clinic.
The clinic also offers medical and surgical dermatology services, including treatment for acne, eczema, moles, skin spots, skin cancer, psoriasis, fungal conditions and more.
For those who want better-looking skin, Dermatology Geneva offers innovative and non-invasive cosmetic procedures. Your dermatologist and your medical esthetician Amber Maloni, Licensed Esthetician, Certified Laser Clinician, will work with you to achieve your desired cosmetic outcomes. Some of the treatment options may include:
- Cosmetic consultation: Your care team will meet with you to analyze your skin and discuss your skin care goals. Using leading-edge products and treatments, they will recommend a personal skin care regimen to help improve your skin's texture, tone and overall appearance.
- Skin care consultation: Your care team will help you learn how to build a personalized skin care regimen for your face and body to meet your needs and improve your skin health and appearance.
- Extractions: Extractions remove sebum, oil, and dead skin cells that can clog your pores and cause blackheads, whiteheads and pimples. A dermatologist or medical esthetician performing an extraction can remove pimples instantly without the risk of infection and scarring. Comedone extraction is a widely used method of treatment for common forms of acne. An aesthetician may extract blackheads (open comedones) using gentle pressure around the pore opening.
- Basic facial: Facials use cleaning and extracting products, massage techniques and special equipment to give you cleaner, healthier and more radiant-looking skin.
- Facial add-on: Enhance your facial treatment by adding dermaplaning or a light glycolic peel.
- HydraFacial® Signature: This noninvasive treatment cleanses, exfoliates, extracts, hydrates and adds antioxidant protection to get rid of dead skin cells and other impurities. In addition, HydraFacial Signature delivers serums to your skin for added moisture.
- HydraFacial Deluxe: This treatment includes all of the Signature HydraFacial essentials while taking care of your specific skin concerns by letting you choose a booster. To help lessen any visible signs of aging, the HydraFacial Deluxe ends with LED light therapy.
- HydraFacial Platinum: This procedure can help address your skin concerns, including wrinkles, irregular texture, dullness, brown spots, oiliness and more.
- HydraFacial Perk lip and/or eye: Using roller-flex tools to loosen dead skin cells, dirt and oil, this treatment gently cleanses and hydrates eye and lip areas. It also provides antioxidants and nutrients to your skin.
- HydraFacial Keravive®: Using suction and hydration, this treatment cleans hair follicles while removing dirt, oil and dead skin.
- Clear and Brilliant (face, neck and upper chest area): This treatment can help reduce visible signs of aging. It is gentle method of repairing skin damage.
- Epionce Refresh Lite peel: Offering the benefits of a skin peel, this light treatment has little to no recovery time.
- Epionce Mal-e peel: While reducing bacteria on your skin that may lead to skin issues, this treatment improves your skin’s hydration. It also brightens your skin and speeds up skin cell turnover.
- Epionce Sal-e peel: This treatment offers a formula that cleans your pores with anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory elements to boost your skin’s clarity.
- Glytone peel (30%, 50% or 70%): Glycolic peels offer many benefits. They remove damaged, dull layers of skin and dead skin cells, which helps with issues including scars, hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone, acne, wrinkles and fine lines. We’ll choose the peel with the level of Glytone that fits your needs.
- Sciton BroadBand Light® and Intense Pulsed Light: These treatments lead to smoother, brighter skin by using light to regenerate cells. They can help with issues such as redness, sunspots, discoloration and pigmentation.
- SkinPen® microneedling (face, neck, scars and upper chest area): The SkinPen enhances your body’s healing process by causing controlled microwounds with a microneedling device.
- Injectables and fillers: Aesthetic injections can relax your face and reduce signs of aging, like wrinkles.
Injectables include: BOTOX®, Xeomin® and Dysport®
Dermal fillers include: Juvederm®, Sculptra® and Restylane®
Talk to your dermatologist or medical esthetician about which injectables or fillers may be right for you.
- Dermaplane: This procedure exfoliates your skin and gets rid of dirt and facial hair.
- Cutera® Laser Genesis for hair removal: Laser Genesis is a leading-edge, non-damaging laser treatment that stimulates your skin’s natural processes to reduce signs of aging. It also promotes a vibrant, healthy-looking complexion. Laser Genesis can help with redness, fine lines, wrinkles, skin texture issues and scars. Laser hair removal can stop or slow hair growth in the following areas:
- Facial regions, such as lips, chin and brow
- Bikini area
- Hands, arms and shoulders
- ProFractional™ laser: This resurfacing treatment can improve skin tone and texture and reduce the effects of scars, fine lines and wrinkles. Instead of removing the entire surface, the procedure removes narrow channels of skin, which results in a wound-healing response and leaves surrounding tissue intact, minimizing the recovery time.
- MicroLaser peel: This peel is a laser treatment that removes a thin layer of damaged cells. As the skin heals, new skin regenerates. This treatment can improve tone and texture and reduce the appearance of wrinkles, scars, sun damage and pigmentation.
- RevLite Q-Switched laser: This nonablative skin resurfacing therapy reduces hyperpigmentation, melasma and solar lentigines of the skin.
- Halo™ and Halo Pro laser treatment: This treatment is used to improve fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars and skin texture. It can stimulate collagen growth. Depending on the intensity of the treatment, recovery time may last up to one week.
- Vbeam®: This pulsed dye laser treatment can improve redness of the face and neck as well as vascular and pigmented lesions.
- Fraxel®: This nonablative laser treatment targets aging and sun-damaged skin to improve tone and texture without extended recovery time.
- ResurFX™: This fractional nonablative resurfacing procedure can improve the appearance and texture of scars.
- Platelet-rich plasma therapy: Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) can be used for hair restoration or for facial and skin rejuvenation when it is added after microneedling or certain laser treatments. A small sample of your blood is spun, resulting in enriched plasma with growth factors that can be applied where needed. For hair restoration, PRP can affect growth by stimulating the cells of the hair follicles. After microneedling or laser treatments, PRP can be placed on skin to help enhance the wound-healing process.
- CoolSculpting® and CoolTone®: CoolSculpting is a nonsurgical procedure for fat reduction that can be used in many areas of your body. CoolTone is used to tone and firm your stomach, thighs and buttocks. To achieve your desired outcomes, you may need multiple treatments with CoolSculpting and/or CoolTone.
To make an appointment, please call 630.315.6500.
To learn more or to schedule an appointment with a Dermatology specialist, please call Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group today.
Geneva, Glen Ellyn, Naperville & St. Charles locations: 630.315.6500
Sycamore location: 815.766.9903
*Services may vary by location. Call for more information.