Dermatology at Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group
Board-Certified Dermatologists, Personalized Skin Care
The Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group Dermatology team delivers comprehensive, personalized care for your body’s largest organ — your skin.
Skin issues can range from a minor annoyance to a serious health concern. Our board-certified physicians offer general medical dermatology, cosmetic dermatology and surgical dermatology to help you keep your skin healthy and looking its best.
Whatever your skin care concern, we will work with you to select a dermatologic care approach tailored to your specific needs.
Our medical dermatology specialists treat a variety of skin conditions for adult and pediatric patients, including:
- Fungal and other infections
- Hair loss
- Mole checks
- Pediatric dermatology
- Skin cancer
- Skin infections
Advanced surgical treatment options we offer:
- Dermatologic surgery
- Removal of benign and cancerous growths
- Mohs surgery for skin cancer
- Laser treatment for vitiligo and psoriasis
- Photodynamic therapy
Among the cosmetic treatments and procedures we offer*:
- Customized therapeutic skin care regimens
- Aesthetic services such as HydraFacial® (Geneva location only), facials and chemical peels
- Laser treatments for pigmentation, redness and rejuvenation
- Laser resurfacing for pigmentation, aging and scars
- Scar revision
- Botox®, Xeomin® and Dysport® treatments for wrinkles
- Dermal filler injection treatments
- Hair removal
- Photo light therapy
- Photodynamic therapy
- CoolSculpting® noninvasive body contouring for fat reduction (Geneva location only)
*Cosmetic services vary by location. Please call for more information.
Northwestern Medicine Dermatology Geneva
Located in the Historic District, Northwestern Medicine Dermatology Geneva offers cosmetic dermatology services, closer to home. Board-certified, expert dermatologists and medical estheticians will oversee your cosmetic dermatology care at this spa-like clinic.
The clinic also offers medical and surgical dermatology services, including treatment for skin cancer and leading-edge hair loss treatments.
For those who want better-looking skin, Dermatology Geneva offers innovative and non-invasive cosmetic procedures.
Your dermatologist and medical esthetician will work with you to achieve your desired cosmetic outcomes. Some of the treatment options may include:
- CoolSculpting® and CoolTone®: CoolSculpting is a nonsurgical procedure for fat reduction that can be used in many areas of your body. CoolTone is used to tone and firm your stomach, thighs and buttocks. To achieve your desired outcomes, you may need multiple treatments with CoolSculpting and/or CoolTone.
- Injectables and fillers: Aesthetic injections can relax your face and reduce signs of aging, like wrinkles.
- Injectables include: BOTOX®, Xeomin® and Dysport®
- Dermal fillers include: Juvederm®, Sculptra® and Restylane®
- Talk to your dermatologist or medical esthetician about which injectables or fillers may be right for you.
- Cutera® Laser Genesis: Laser Genesis is a leading-edge, non-ablative (non-damaging) laser treatment that stimulates your skin’s natural processes to reduce signs of aging. It also promotes a vibrant, healthy-looking complexion. Laser Genesis can help with redness, fine lines, wrinkles, undesirable skin texture and scars, including acne scars.
- Extractions: Extractions remove sebum, oil, and dead skin cells that can clog your pores and cause blackheads, whiteheads and pimples. A dermatologist or medical esthetician performing an extraction can remove pimples immediately without the risk of infection and scarring.
- HydraFacial®: A HydraFacial is a hydra dermabrasion facial procedure, which uses water and oxygen to remove oil, dead skin cells and sebum from your pores. This treatment cleanses, exfoliates and hydrates your skin to make it appear clearer immediately after this treatment. However, visible results will vary from person to person. The treatment is soothing, non-invasive and generally non-irritating for most people.
- Keravive®: To promote healthier hair and improve your scalp health, HydraFacial Keravive cleanses and hydrates your scalp.
- Sciton BroadBand Light® and Intense Pulsed Light: Using light to stimulate your cells to regenerate, these treatments result in smoother and more vibrant-looking skin. They can reduce skin discoloration and uneven pigmentation, including redness and sunspots.
- Skin Micro Needling: This 30-minute treatment creates micro-channels (microscopic holes) at a rate of 1600 per second that help your skin regenerate and repair itself. There are no chemicals or heat involved in this treatment, which is safe for all skin tones and types.
To make an appointment, please call 630.315.6500.
Mohs Surgery for Skin Cancer Removal
Mohs surgery is a technically-advanced surgical treatment for the removal of skin cancer from the skin, layer by layer. Mohs spares the most normal tissue around a tumor by using microscopically-controlled margins. It is the only treatment method that allows for the evaluation of skin cancer cells during the procedure, which can result in a higher cure rate while removing the least amount of normal tissue.
At Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group Dermatology, Mohs is performed in the office by Dr. Michelle Pipitone. The procedure is typically outpatient, and uses local anesthesia, which offers many benefits for patients including reduced recovery time and few side effects.
If you have skin cancer, your dermatologist will determine if Mohs surgery is an appropriate treatment for you, based on the type of skin cancer and its location.
To schedule an appointment to find out if you are a candidate for Mohs surgery, call 630.315.6500.
To learn more or to schedule an appointment with a Dermatology specialist, please call Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group today.
Geneva, Glen Ellyn, Naperville & St. Charles locations: 630.315.6500
Sycamore location: 815.766.9903
*Services may vary by location. Call for more information.